Bangkok To Koh Tao🌴
How To Get There
How to get from Koh Tao to Bangkok in 2023
One of the most popular destinations in Thailand is Koh Tao, a small island that’s known for its beautiful beaches and good diving. This island is located near Koh Samui and Koh Pha Ngan, which are also popular destinations. If you’re planning a trip to one of these other islands, chances are you’ll need to take a boat from Bangkok to get there. So how do you get from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
The journey from Bangkok to Koh Tao is long and bumpy
The journey from Bangkok to Koh Tao is long and bumpy. The journey is not for the faint-hearted, as you will be travelling over 700 kilometres in open-air trucks through some of Thailand’s most spectacular scenery. If you have back problems or are afraid of heights, then this trip might not be suitable for you either!
If you do decide to take this amazing adventure then we recommend that you wear something warm as it can get quite chilly on board overnight trains or buses. Also make sure that all luggage is secure and will not move around too much during transit as there are no seatbelts on Thai buses or trains!
8 Tips for travelling to Koh Tao
- Choose the right mode of transportation: There are several ways to get from Bangkok to Koh Tao, including flights, buses, and trains. If you’re short on time, consider taking a flight. If you have more time and want to save some money, a bus or train may be a better option.
- Book your tickets in advance: Whatever mode of transportation you choose, it’s important to book your tickets in advance, especially during peak season. This will help you avoid last-minute price hikes and ensure that you get a seat.
- Be prepared for the journey: Depending on the mode of transportation you choose, the journey can take anywhere from 6-12 hours. Make sure you bring enough food and water, as well as any other necessary supplies like a travel pillow, headphones, and a book.
- Don’t forget your sea legs: Once you arrive in Koh Tao, you’ll likely need to take a ferry to get to your final destination. If you’re prone to seasickness, be sure to take some medication or bring along some ginger candy to help settle your stomach.
- Check the weather: Koh Tao is known for its beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters, but weather conditions can vary depending on the time of year. Before you go, make sure to check the weather forecast so you can pack accordingly.
- Research your accommodation options: There are plenty of accommodation options on Koh Tao, ranging from budget hostels to luxury resorts. Before you go, do some research and find a place that fits your budget and preferences.
- Plan your activities: Koh Tao is a popular destination for scuba diving and snorkeling, but there are also plenty of other activities to enjoy, like hiking, rock climbing, and beach-hopping. Plan ahead so you can make the most of your time on the island.
- Respect the local culture: Thailand has a rich and diverse culture, and it’s important to respect local customs and traditions. Learn a few basic phrases in Thai, dress appropriately, and be mindful of your behavior to ensure that you have a positive and respectful experience.
You can take the ferry or speedboat to Koh Tao
If you’re looking to travel between Bangkok and Koh Tao, there are two main ways to do it: on a ferry or speedboat. On both types of boats, you can buy food and water at each port. However, if you want to save money on your trip, then the ferry might be the best option for you–it is cheaper than taking a speedboat!
The other thing that makes ferries great are their bathrooms–they have them at each port so that people don’t have to pee in the ocean (which would be gross). If this sounds like something that would bother or disgust you as much as it does me…then maybe just stick with flying?
Plan ahead and be aware that the boats aren’t always on schedule
The port of Pier 2 in Bangkok is a busy place, with many boats coming and going throughout the day. It’s important to plan ahead and be aware that the boats aren’t always on schedule. If you need to get to Koh Tao by a certain time, take this into account when booking your tickets so that you don’t miss your flight or ferry departure!
In addition to making sure that you have enough time to get from one place to another before getting on board, check out weather forecasts for both places (especially if there’s bad weather). If it looks like there might be rain or high winds where your boat is departing from or arriving at its destination, bring some food and water–you don’t want anything distracting from all those beautiful views!
The speedboat is a little more expensive
The speedboat is a little more expensive, but much faster. The downside is that if you’re prone to motion sickness, it can be uncomfortable and unsafe. The boat is smaller than the ferry and doesn’t have air conditioning or any other amenities like they do on the ferry. It’s just you and your fellow passengers (and maybe some chickens).
As with everything in Thailand, there are good reasons why this option might not work for everyone: sometimes weather conditions mean delays; sometimes there are no boats available at all; sometimes they don’t show up at all!
How long does the ferry take?
The ferry ride takes around 12 hours, while the speedboat takes about 3 hours, depending on weather conditions. The latter is more expensive but can be faster and more convenient if you’re in a hurry to get to your destination.
If you take the ferry, buy food and water on land instead of onboard
If you take the ferry, buy food and water on land instead of onboard. The ride is a long one–you’ll want to be prepared! You can buy food and drink at the port, but it’s more expensive than what you’d find in Bangkok or Koh Tao. If you bring your own supplies, they’ll need to be kept cold until they reach their final destination (which may not be an option if there are no refrigerators onboard).
If possible, bring along snacks that don’t require refrigeration (like dried fruit) so that they’re ready when hunger strikes during those long hours at sea!
There are bathrooms at each port and you can swim in the ocean anytime you want during your vacation!
There are bathrooms at each port, so don’t worry about using them. You can swim in the ocean anytime you want during your vacation! If you’re taking the ferry, buy food and water on land instead of onboard.
It’s easy to get to Koh Tao from Bangkok, but plan ahead so you’re not stuck there without food or water while waiting for your next ride!
When you arrive in Koh Tao, there are bathrooms at each port. If you’re taking a ferry and plan to buy food onboard, think again! The last thing that anyone wants is to be stuck on a boat without food or water for hours–so buy everything before boarding.
If you do decide to get off the boat and explore before getting back on board again (like me), make sure that it’s safe for tourists and locals alike before doing so; some places are better than others when it comes to safety standards!
We hope this article has helped you plan your trip to Koh Tao. If you take the ferry or speedboat from Bangkok, be sure to bring food and water with you so that your journey is as comfortable as possible!