Bangkok To Phi Phi Island
How To Get There
Looking to get from Bangkok to Koh Phi Phi? Here is how to get to Phi Phi from Bangkok.
You might have heard a lot of stories about Phi Phi. Research and hearsay can have a major influence on your vacation preferences. However, if you really want to get the feel of it, visit the spot yourself.
If you’re planning to go to Phi Phi island, here is a guide about how to get there from Bangkok. Basically, this will be your travel guide from Bangkok to Phi Phi Island.
If you’re looking for the fastest and most convenient way of getting from Bangkok to Phi Phi, then that will be by plane from Don Mueang International Airport (DMK) in Bangkok to Krabi International Airport (KBV).
From Krabi airport, you then have to take a taxi going to Krabi town, particularly in Klong Jilad pier. From this point, and as your last step, you take a ferry heading to Tonsia pier in Phi Phi Island.
This is, by far, the best way to travel from Bangkok to Phi Phi being the easiest and the fastest. There are other alternatives if you take some factors into consideration, and that is by flying to Phuket International Aiport (HKT), then taking a bus to Phuket town and finally travelling by ferry to Phi Phi.
These two options of how to get to Phi Phi Island from Bangkok will be discussed in detail below.
How Long Does It Take To Travel From Bangkok To Phi Phi Island?
If you take such a trip in one day, the time duration is as follows:
- From Bangkok City Center, a taxi ride to Don Mueang International Airport takes 1 hour.
- Travelling by plane to Don Mueang International Airport going to Krabi International Airport takes 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- From Krabi Airport to Klong Jilad Pier, a taxi ride takes 30 minutes.
- Riding a ferry from Klong Jilad pier in Krabi town going to Phi Phi takes about 2 hours.
Add two hours for your flight and approximately 1 hour for your ferry ride, and you’ll be left with about 8 hours of travelling from Bangkok to Phi Phi.
Usually, travelling by this itinerary cannot be cramped up in one day. However, if you plan to do so, make sure to check the flight and ferry schedules.
Are There Flights From Bangkok To Phi Phi?
There’s actually some awesome information on the tickets below:
There are no direct flights from Bangkok to Phi Phi Island. Either you take a flight from Bangkok to Krabi, or from Bangkok to Phuket then travel by ferry or speed boat to the island.
What Airlines Can You Take?
Inside Thailand, you can fly by Air Asia or Nok Air. You can do your research for other airlines such as Orient Thai, Thai Airways and Thai Smile.
These airlines typically have several flights going to Krabi in a day, so you shouldn’t have trouble booking yours for the next day. The sooner you book, the cheaper your fare.
Although Air Asia and Nok Air are not deemed as premier airlines, you can travel comfortably by them, with newer, cleaner and better overall planes.
Flight ticket prices for these two airlines when travelling from Bangkok to Krabi range from USD 21.73 (Air Asia) for one person with hand luggage. Nok Air costs USD 22.39 for the same route.
Look for Terminal 2 in Don Mueang Airport because it serves domestic and regional flights.
How Much Does It Cost To Travel From Bangkok To Phi Phi Island?
On the overall, expect to spend about THB 1645 or USD 51.00 when you travel from these points. It’s best to book your tickets earlier to save on costs. Apparently, these rates would increase for late ticket booking. Likewise, if you take a taxi during rush hour, your fare will get expensive.
Here are the costs in detail:
- From Bangkok to Don Mueang International airport, a taxi ride costs about THB 400 or USD 12.50.
- At the airport, if you have a cup of coffee, you’ll pay about THB 150 or USD 4.60.
- Flight from Don Mueang International Airport to Krabi International Airport costs over THB 700 or USD 22.00.
- From Krabi International Airport to Klong Jilad pier, taxi fare is about THB 350 or USD 10.90.
- As your final step, taking a ferry from Klong Jilad pier in Krabi to Phi Phi will have you spending THB 450 or USD 14.00.
Take note that you should take an early flight from Bangkok to Krabi so that you don’t miss the last ferry trip from Krabi to Phi Phi.
How To Travel From Phuket To Phi Phi
- From Bangkok, take a taxi going to Don Mueang International Airport
- From Don Mueang International Airport, fly to Phuket International Airport. The same airlines for the first option of travelling to Phi Phi are available
- From Phuket International Airport, take a bus going to Phuket town
- From the Phuket bus station, take a taxi going to Rassada pier
- From Rassada pier, take a ferry going to Ao Tonsai Pier in Phi Phi Island
Compared to the first option of taking the Bangkok-Krabi-Phi Phi route, the Bangkok-Phuket- Phi Phi route is more expensive and time-consuming.
When you arrive at the Phuket airport, you’ll find that it is quite small and the bus stop is located right just in front of it. You get on the bus, pay the driver, and you’ll be on your way to Phuket town.
It takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to travel from the Phuket airport to the town. If you take this transport, you’ll be comfortable because the airport bus is new, clean and air-conditioned.
If you take the taxi from Phuket airport to Phuket town, you’ll spend about THB 600 or USD 19.00 and travel for 45 minutes.
The ferry ride from Phuket to Phi Phi costs THB 350 or USD 11.00 for one way.
How Far Is Bangkok From Phi Phi Island?
With these factors taken into account, you can take the best way to travel from Bangkok to Phi Phi island and have a fantastic time enjoying its amazing beaches and magical scenery.