Private Longtail Boat Experience From Phi Phi
Memories can last a lifetime. And the good thing is, you create them. Then again, along those moments of making memories come to life are random instances, and they make the reveries of these times worth cherishing for always.
That’s why it makes sense to go out and make things happen!
Vacationing in beautiful tropical countries like Thailand is a worthwhile experience. In such a stunning location with warm and welcoming weather, you’ll feel a fantastic ambience- a feeling of nature, of being close to the rejuvenating aura of the sea and being enlivened by the astounding vibrance of the sun.
The place that’s ideal for a location like this is Phi Phi Island. Now, how can you make your stay in Phi Phi Island special?
You can take day trips and tours, of course- although the revelry of the nightlife in the island is gorgeously exuberant and invigorating. But the night time is only half of the day, and there’s so much to do in Phi Phi during the daytime as well.
Part of a rewarding deed that you can do there is go on a longtail boat experience.
Riding a longtail boat while cruising around the marvelous bays, lagoons, beaches and caves of Phi Phi island is extraordinary. Aside from the fact that you’ll have stories to tell about jaunting on Thailand’s traditional and iconic mode of water transport.
While on a visit, you and your family or group of friends can rent a longtail boat. There are plenty of types of tours to choose from, depending on the tour company that you deal with, Below is how a longtail boat tour to Phi Phi island typically goes.
Half-Day Phi Phi Leh Longtail Boat Tour
This route lasts for 3 hours and costs about 2,000 THB for 2 passengers. Extra guests are charged 300 THB per head. If you want to extend your tour, you need to pay 500 THB per hour for every person.
Inclusive of this trip is free use of the snorkel, mask and life jacket. Drinking water is provided on the boat. The fins, though, have to be rented.
If you book your tour to go for more than 4 hours, you get free seasonal fruits. Your pick-up and drop off points are usually at a particular spot agreed upon with the tour company.
However, you can request for pick up and drop off services to your hotel, as well as food and the assistance of a local guide.
Things that you should bring with you are your towel, swim suit, snacks, food and soft drinks.
Itinerary Of A Half-Day Phi Phi Longtail Boat Tour
- The boat will depart at Ton Sai Pier where it will go to Monkey Beach or Sam Had Beach. These spots are the most popular attractions of the archipelago. In this location, you’ll find a flock of wild monkeys.
- The next stop is the mysterious Viking Cave that happens to have a long history. Hundreds of swift birds inhabit this area, and what makes them unique is that they create their nests with their own saliva. The local Thai people that reside in the cave collect these nests to protect the birds. Another activity that you can do in this place is to snorkel. Who knows, you might come upon some Black Tip Reef Sharks swimming along the shallow water- if you get lucky!
- The boat will then proceed to Pileh Lagoon where upon entrance, you’ll be amazed to see the surrounding limestone mountains over vivid blue-green waters. This view is so breath-taking you simply cannot wait to dive in the ocean and take photos.
- Your 4th stop will be at Loh Samah Bay. This spot is a must-see and truly astonishing. Straight-out and directly from the ocean, there are astounding limestone cliffs standing. This location is also actually the host of a well-known snorkeling and diving area called the “Pi Leh Wall”. Snorkeling around, you’ll encounter exotic fishes and view the spectacular coral reef underneath.
- The 5th and final stopover of the boat is the Maya Bay. This spot is world-famous, and the highlight of your trip! Travelers around the world have heard about Maya Bay in Phi Phi Islands in Thailand because it was the location of the famous British movie “The Beach”. It starred the good-looking actor Leonardo DiCaprio. “The Beach” was released in the year 2000, and because this setting was so impressive, it attracted thousands of travelers all across the globe to visit Maya Bay every year. If you go at a distance of just 200 meters from the beach, you’ll get to see a stunning coral reef where beautiful fishes swim around. So snorkeling is one of the best things to do and be awed by this gorgeous marine life!
The great thing about a longtail boat tour in Phi Phi is that it is flexible. You get to decide what your departure time is, which means you can basically leave any time you like. But it has to be within reason, definitely.
If you want to catch the sunrise- you can! Or be afloat in the cool waters while viewing the sunset? Why not?
There are some advantages of renting a private boat over joining a group tour when visiting Phi Phi Islands. The former is quite an authentic experience, what with the longtail boat being symbolic of Koh Phi Phi. It is almost a crime to leave the place without having to cruise on one of those. Hah!
The main reason why you’ll want to rent a private boat in Phi Phi is to get off the beaten track. Avoiding “popular spots” at certain times, you’ll avoid crowds. Basically, your tour will be more exclusive. Plus, you’ll get to see what you would not on regular tours.
A longtail boat tour is thus customisable, and that’s the astounding perk about it. Talking it over with your tour company, you’ll be able to visit the places that you desperately want to see, and steer clear of those you desperately want to avoid!
So sit back, relax and let the memories happen on your authentic longtail boat experience in Phi Phi Island.